Monday 11 May 2015

Endurance and power log for Friday, May 8th

Decided to do the 2000m row time trial from Thursday night's workout at noon, since I didn't go in the morning after last night's partner WOD with Clarisse, I was fairly fresh, and wanted to beat Maks, who around 8:30.

Wow, what a load of suck.  In terms of how if felt, not in terms of my performance, which I am completely satisfied with.

Went out hard, like 1:40/500m hard.  Which banked me a bit of time as I ran out of steam,  I levelled off at just under 2:00/500m as I approached the 1000m mark my pace was slipping to the 2:05-2:10 (hitting 2:13 at one point), so I tried to dig deeper and bring it down below 2:00. 

At around 1500m I got a second wind, and brought the pace down to the 1:50 range and held between 1:50 and 2:00 for the last 500m.

Finished in 7:51.7.  Automatic PR. Completely satisfied with that. But man, it took a lot out of me.

Took for ever to recover and work on my power snatch and snatch balance. 

In fact I bailed earlier than planned since I wiped, my form wasn't pretty enough and I was working too hard for what little weight I was moving around.

Still happy with the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment