Tuesday 19 May 2015

Crossfit log for Tuesday, May 19th

Almost slept through this morning. Rushed out the door an made a few seconds late.

I had already looked up the workout, so I didn't need the briefing anyway.


Clean and jerk complex: 1 Power Clean + 2 Jerks

5 singles at 75-80%, use the same weight for each set. Rest as needed between sets.  Worked with Kamil, we decided on 165#. Got rough at the end.  Didn't want to do the fifth set, as everyone else was finished, but Kamil subtly (possibly unknowingly) guilted me into it.

The workout was a sweat-fest.

12 minute AMRAP of:
- 40 Double Unders,
- 20 Wall Balls, and
- 10 Handstand Push-ups

Double unders were a struggle for the first two rounds, third round I did all 40 unbroken, wow that made things much harder.

Wall balls were fine.  Handstand push ups, were rough.  With one abmat, I did 2 sets of 5 first round, second round I did 4 then jumped on Kamil's parallettes and did 6 push ups.  Third round I just did push ups on the parallettes.

Left a great sweat angel on the floor.


Post WOD fun. 5 minute AMRAP of:
- sets of 3 dips

Did ring dips.  Was working with John who wanted to try rings so, I jumped on first and did sets of 6 for his sets of 3. Third set became  3.  Set four and five  were also 3. First attempt at set 6 stopped at 2 reps.  Walked it off and then came back for set 6. Took a long enough break so set 7 was okay.  Set 8 failed at 2 reps first try, then I was done.  So 7 triples, plus 2 sets of 2.  So 25 dips in 5 minutes, but only 21 count, official score: 7.




No comments:

Post a Comment