Tuesday 5 May 2015

Crossfit log for Tuesday, May 5th

Work called at 4:30am to deal with an urgent issue, so I was up. 

Got ready and was at the gym a full 15 minutes early.

We started with overhead Squat.
Worked up to 3 heavy sets of three then peel back for two sets of 5 
Rest as needed between sets.

I was all over the place with this one.  Did 3 at 95# and 115#, then hit 135#.  Was only able to get one. Crap.  Tried again and managed 2 reps.  Not bad, 10# off my PR. Took it and peeled back to 115 for a set of 5 and a set of 4.  Called it a day.

The WOD was a benchmark workout called Nasty Girls
3 rounds for time of:
- 50 Air Squats
- 7 Muscle Ups
-10 Hang Power Cleans, 135/95 lbs

-scale muscle ups to 10 CTB, or in my case 7 regular pull ups + 7 ring dips.

He said you should be able to everything quickly in one or two sets tops, that's why I scaled the muscle ups differently, regular pull ups wasn't enough, and chest to bar wouldn't give me the necessary pace.

I also scaled the cleans to 115#, wisely.

Finished in 10:58, I had 5 cleans left with 15 seconds to the 11:00 mark, so I hustled to break 11:00. Did it.



No comments:

Post a Comment