Friday 8 May 2015

Crossfit log for Thursday, May 7th

Last minute decision to go the 6:30pm class with Clarisse.

Kiza went this morning and I'd already looked at the workout, so I knew what I was getting into.

Except, I guess they bit off more then they could chew with all the volume, so the 2km row time trial was cancelled.

And we started with the WOD instead of the strengthwork.

The WOD was a partner chipper of:
- 200 double unders
- 50 power cleans
- 40 handstand push ups
- 50 burpees over bar
- 200 double unders.


Teamed up with Clarisse, which wasn't the best option but worked out in the end.

She did a mix of singles and double unders, I did 100 double unders. Got a couple of good stretches in there. Cleans we did 10, 10, 7, 9, 5, 5, 3.

She did most of the handstand push ups, she did 15, then I did 9, then I'm not sure, but I did 3 more and she finished them off.

Burpees killed us.  I did 10 and she did 10, then I did 10 and she struggled through her 10, (or 8), so I did 7, and she finished off with the last 5.

Double unders were the same deal.  Had on really good string of like 50+. But the rest were a struggle.

We finished in 15:25.  Last.  Frank made sure we scaled to finish well under 20 minutes.

Then we did the deadlifts, 3 sets of 3 at 80% of max.

I did 275# which is 20# lower then my 80%, but I was working with Maks and his max is lower.  And until recently I haven't been doing much in way of heavy pulling, so it made sense.

Coach said I had good mechanics, and had no corrections for me (on the warm up set at 225#).  That felt pretty good.

Clarisse pulled 155# but that was too heavy, she couldn't brace her back at that weight. Lesson learned.

P.S.  I want to add this here as it is still bugging me and it's fresh in my memory.  After the cleans, headed to the hspu I felt like a very dry patch in my throat, around my left tonsil. It was really annoying, so I grabbed my water expecting it to go away instantly. It didn't, I felt it even more as I drank.  Since then I can feel something every time I swallow.  It's really annoying and quite worrisome. If it doesn't go away by next week I'll go to the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment