Monday 1 June 2015

Crossfit log for Monday June 1st.

Woke up before my alarm, so I turned it off so as not to wake Kiza.  But then I fell asleep.

Thankfully I woke up only 15 minutes later and hurried out the door. Had to wait on a passing skunk, then got stuck behind some slow drivers.  Frustrating morning.

We were doing partner Tommy V.  A workout that, as I had watch it at regionals with Clarisse, I remember telling, I'm really glad I don't have to do that workout.

Yay.

We started with 5 sets of 5 back squats at 70% (going heavier than last time).

I was a bit late getting in so I worked up quickly, my last warm up set was 5 @ 185#. I did 2 working sets at 225#, then decided to do the last 3 at 245# to make things interesting. But after 2 sets at 245# I was out of time (and I knew I had a ton of thrusters left to do), so I counted my set at 185# and called it even.

Tommy V:
- 21 thrusters  @ 115#/75#
- 12 rope climbs
- 15 thrusters
- 9 rope climbs
- 9 thrusters
- 6 rope climbs

Thankfully the rope climbs would be shared, so I only had to do 14 instead of 27. (Being the stronger rope climber, I did the extra one for my partner Dave).

As I did Friday, I scaled the weight on the thrusters to women's Rx which was 75# which was good, it made the workout all about the rope climbs. I probably could have split the difference and done 95#, but I'm glad i didn't

Coach Alex was giving the class, but coach Connor was around doing some strength work in the back.

Both coaches took the time to complement me on my rope climbs, Alex did twice. Felt good on my old man ego.

Finished in 18:10

No comments:

Post a Comment