Wednesday 24 June 2015

Olympic lifting log for Monday, June 22nd

The final Olympic lifting class was a success.

We basically split it in half.  45 minutes on snatch, 45 minutes on clean and jerk.

My back was giving me enough trouble that I had no plan to get anywhere near my PRs.

The snatch warm up was hang power snatch + 2 drop snatch  for 4 sets empty bar.

Then 2 sets, one with 40% and one with 50% of max snatch, 1 hang snatch + 4 seconds down to start position + 4 seconds up to full extension + 1 hang snatch + 4 sec down + 4sec up + 1 hand snatch.  Once at each weight.  (did 95# and 105#)

Then 2 sets. one at 60% and one at 70% of max, 1 power snatch + 1 hang snatch + 1 snatch.

Finally snatch at 80%, 85%, 90%.  Hit 125# for 85%, and used that for 90% as well.  That the weight I missed last week when my knee hit the ground, so I was happy to make it twice this week. The first one was wobbly, that's why I stayed there for the last lift.

Clean and jerk went similarly. 

Started with a couple of sets of 2 hang cleans + 3 jerks with empty bar for 2 sets.

Then 2 sets, one at 40% and one at 50% of power clean + hang clean + clean + 3 jerks

Then 2 sets, at 60% and 70% of clean + 2 jerks

Finally 80%, 85%, 90%  clean and jerk.  Maxed out at 185#, but the first attempt was a press out and the second, I caught locked out, but a bit too far forward, the minute I tried to recover it went forward.  Meh.

Good enough.  Exhausting work.  Now back to my regular schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment