Friday 26 June 2015

Crossfit log for Friday, June 26th

I really wanted to stay in bed this morning, but I knew it would throw my whole morning off if I didn't.

So I rolled out of bed 15 minutes after my alarm and still managed to get to the gym with 3 minutes to spare.

We started with some light back squats  5 sets of 6 @ 50% of max, so I did 155#.

I couple of the other guys put the same weight, but I'm fairly sure their max squat isn't over 300#.   This workout could've been done easily at more than 50%, and if I hadn't gone heavy yesterday at lunch I might well have done so myself.

I felt very legit at 155#.  Good for the ego.

Then we did dumbbell overhead press.  Can't remember the last time I did this, definitely not since starting Crossfit.

We did 5 triples at heaviest weight possible. I figured I could do 115# with a barbell, so divide by 2 for dumbbells, 57.5#.  But dumbbells will be harder so maybe take 10% off?  I was just guessing here.  Warmed up a bit with 20# and 35# dumbbell. 

35# was way too light, but the next dumbbells we have are 50#, which falls into my estimate above, so I did that.  Very difficult to stabilize overhead, but I manged.

The WOD was not fun.

2 rounds for time:
- 10 snatches 155#/105#  (did women's weight)
- 20 toes to bar  (did 15)
- 80 double unders. 

The biggest issue with this workout was shoes.  I don't like to snatch in my Nanos, but I don't like to do double unders in my lifters.

So I chose the Nanos.  I almost went with my lift trainers, and I should have, but que sera, sera.

My back foot lost lateral stability a couple of time so the last 5 snatches I dropped to 95#.

Toes to bar were a struggle after the initial 10 reps (done in 2 sets of 5)

Double unders were random again,  first round was like 8, 2, 0, 0, 4, 12, 20, 16, 18. Then second round was a bit better,  13, 13, 15, 10, 11, 18.

15:07 total time.  Not my best workout, but it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment