Saturday 20 June 2015

Crossfit log for Saturday, June 20th

I don't usually workout on weekends but I've had a light week thanks to a tight back from Wednesday's deadlifts so when Kiza suggested we all go, I figured, why not?

It was a partner WOD, Kiza worked with Clarisse and she set me up with Justine, who she figured we were fairly evenly matched.

I let her choose the weight on the bar. She said she struggled with double unders. I told her for me it really depended on the day, some days I can go unbroken, some days I can't get 4 to save my life.

The WOD was two consecutive 9minute AMRAPs. Partners alternate complete rounds.
First 9:00
- 5 overhead squats 135#/95# (we did 75#)
- 10 box jumps
Second 9:00
- 25 double unders
- 8 toes to bar

We'd flip the box between rounds to 20" for her and 24" for me.  It went well.  The box jumps were hard on my sore back, so I jumped up and stepped down which slowed me down a bit. On the 7th round, my fourth time through, I rebounded. It was way faster and Justine was cheering me on, but it cost, I didn't do it again, but it helped get us through 10 rounds and I managed 5 ohs before the buzzer.

She immediately started with the double unders, which gave me a pretty good break.  But she was really fast on the t2b.

I started my first round and got 1 double under before failing. Great.  Then I got 23 in a row, missing with 1 left.  I'm not as fast on the t2b so she got a bit of a break.

During her 2nd round, coach Alex gave me some pointer on the double unders, to slow it down but have a more consistent speed of the rope instead of my slow then really fast approach.

Worked like a charm, my next 4 rounds were completely unbroken. T2B still weren't great. (Luckly for Justine).  We managed 8 rounds plus Justine managed 1 double under.

Not bad. Not a killer WOD, thankfully.  And my back survived.

Followed that with some strict press in the garage with Clarisse. Got her doing push press with controlled descent for 3 sets of 3 at 65#, then worked up to 85# for a double regular push press.

I did sets to failure of strict press at whatever weight she was at.

Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment