Friday 19 June 2015

Strength log for Friday, June 19th

So my back and glutes have been really tight since Wednesday's deadlifts.

So I took yesterday off, and this morning too.

I've rolled and massaged, and hot epsom salt bathed and steam roomed and Adviled it to the best of my ability.

Still tight, but much better than yesterday.

So naturally I went to the gym at noon.

Figured I'd do some squats until (or unless) it was unconfortable, and maybe some overhead.

Went really well. I slowly build up to a 275# back squat single after hitting 245# for a triple, but decided to stop there and move on to some overhead press work.

I was happy with 275# and I'm sure 285# or 295# would have been completely doable, but why risk it.

So on to strict press, after a triple at 115#, I struggled a bit for a single at 125#, so I decide to stay there and do 4 more singles.  Challenging, but I did it. 

There are some many things I want to work on an maintain, I don't know how to make it all fit in the time I have while giving myself enough recovery. 

Gah!  This is so complicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment