Monday 29 June 2015

Crossfit log for Monday, June 29th

Reasonably well rested this morning. Wasn't sure how things would go with the dog we are looking after for the week. My morning routine is very structured and methodical, a dog could really throw a spanner into a very well oiled machine.
 
Turned out to be a non issue, for this morning anyway, he didn't even stir.

Started with back squats, 5 sets of 5 at 72% of max. Did 225#. Back was a bit tight from my battle with the shrub, but it went well nonetheless.

Then we did strict press, 5 sets of 3 at 80%+5#. Using 135# as my max, I put 115# on the bar, with 2 2.5# plates on stand by. 115# it turns out is 85%, not 80%.

As it was getting really hard just before I realized my math error, I was thankful when I figured it out. Did all 5 sets, fought for the last one on each set.
Felt good to work hard.

The WOD was not so fun.
15 minutes
- 1500m row
- 150 double unders
With time remaining, AMRAP
-10 wall balls
- 5 toes to bar.

The row was ok, tiring, but ok.  Just over 6 minutes.

Double unders were horrible.  Took forever to get going and didn't get far.  The rule was after 10 minutes if you were still struggling on the double unders, cut them short.  So I did, at 100. 

With less than 5 minutes to go, I tackled the wall balls and t2b.  Managed 3 rounds plus 13.

I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment