Monday 15 June 2015

Crossfit log for Monday, June 15th

Up and out by 5:15 this morning.

The crew digging in the street out front should have been a warning. No water.

Note to self, always bring a full water bottle.

Started with Back Squat : 8x2 at 60% 1RM, rest 1 min

Worked with Kamil again, he did 165# and I threw on 30# for 195#.

Went well.  Moved on to Strict Press : 5x4 at 80% 1RM

Yeah, thankfully we ran out of time because 115# wasn't going up halfway through set 3.

The WOD sucked so bad.

Every 2 mins for 10 mins:
- 12 Bar Facing burpees
- 10 Push Jerks  at 135#/95#

Very thankfully did women's Rx.  Burpees killed me.  Rules changed on the fly, scale the number of burpees to be done in 1:00. This changed from round to round.

12 the first round, which nearly killed me and put me in oxygen debt.
10 the second round, just before the rule change.
6 the third round, because I was dying.
8 the fourth, because I was bit more rested.
6 the fourth round because I was dead.

Horrible.

After all that we had a final EMOM to cash out.

10 minute EMOM:
- max unbroken Chest-to-bar Pull-ups
- 40 double unders

Chose 4 for the CTB.  Managed to string together 3! First time ever.  Once on round 2 or 3, the rest were reset between each rep, or string 2.

The double unders went well on the first round, did 40 unbroken.  We were to stop at 0:30 to have enough rest to hit the CTB hard.

Then if fell apart.  26, 24, 29 and 16.

The last round I just couldn't get it going, so I threw in the towel.

Exhausted and thirsty, I headed home to make breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment