Wednesday 31 December 2014

Crossfit log for Wednesday, December 31st

First day back since the 12 days of Christmas WOD.

Not exactly how I would have like to finish off the year but it was better than nothing.

Started with back squats, 10 rep max.

I figured 80% of max was a good target, so 245#.

As I worked up, it didn't look so good, at 185# and 225# if felt heavy.  I only did 5 or 6 reps at those weights, so I was a bit nervous going into my be working set.

I put on my belt and that made a big difference, but I took it slow and at the fifth rep it was getting heavy.

Kyle even came over to spot my, I'm guessing he didn't expect rep 6 to make it up.

I took an extra breath before going for number 6 and it was much better than the fifth. Then 7 and 8 went up. Kyle started pouring on the verbal encouragement, expecting my to crash any minute, then nine went up and he's yelling: Come on! One more!  This was the slowest rep, almost stalled on the way up, but I got it.  To the surprise and cheers of the Kyle and coach Alex. 

Chose a good weight.

That was the end of my fun. 

Next was 10 rep max bench.  Upper body isn't thriving like lower, not sure why.  Strict press is stalled.  Bench is stalled.  I did 185# for 10 reps not long ago, today I couldn't get 5.  I'll have to change things up soon. Maybe I'll talk to Rob about it at my next physio appointment.

I was hopeful for the WOD but those hopes were crushed during the warm up.

21- 15 - 9 of
- Overhead squats  105#
- Push press 105#

Decided right away to scale to 95#.  Yeah. Funny.  Struggled at 75# in warm up which was women's Rx.  Decided to do that.

Even that was too much.  I made it through the first round in almost 5 minutes, but I couldn't get an OHS on round two to save my life.  Switched to front squats and slogged my way to ta 11:24 finish.  Ugh.

Oh well.  Muscles will adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment