Friday 19 December 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, December 19th

Almost didn't go.  Sinus is still bugging me a bit, tired and frustrated with no workouts yesterday, and Wednesday's fail at the strict press.

I figured that, as usual, I wouldn't regret going; I never do.

So I sprang out of bed nearly 10 minutes later than usual and rushed through my morning routine.

Naturally I'm glad I went.

We started with 3 rep max Front squat.  Note that doesn't necessarily mean PR, just the most you can do that day.

I wanted to hit 245# for 3 since I'm trying to break my 255# 1 rep max next week.  Glad I tried.  I fought a bit, but I got it without issue.

The WOD was Amanda, but I can't do muscle ups or 135# squat snatch, that being my current 1 rep max.

So the first scaled option was same rep scheme, 9-7-5 of:
- chest to bar pull ups
- ring dips
- snatch 95#

There were other scaling options, but that's what I went with.

CTB were okay, a bit slow since I couldn't string them together.

Dips were really quick, even strict.

Snatches were hard.  Harder than expected.  But I did it.  12:10 final time. 

Took 3 tries to get the last rep, I was hurrying to try and beat Pat, which I did in the end, but would've beaten him by more than 2 seconds if I'd taken my time for the last rep instead of hurrying. 


No comments:

Post a Comment