Tuesday 16 December 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, December 16th

Wasn't quite ready to go back to class but after running into Lana on the bus yesterday evening and chatting about it, I decided, why not. I don't have to go all out, just do some work.

Started with a DT complex for max weight unbroken.(cannot let go of the bar).
-12 dead lifts
-9 hang power cleans
-6 shoulder to over head

Coach suggested building up using 9-6-3 until it started to get heavy. So I did one warm up set at 75#, 12-9-6 and that seemed okay. Then I did 95# for 9-6-3 which was much harder.

So I figured add the 15s for 125# and give it a go.  Yeah. No.  Died on the power cleans. 

95# might have been doable, I've done way heavier for DT, but not unbroken, but I wasn't interested in trying.  Grip strength was gone and we still had the WOD.  At least I did the first warm up set and got a number on the board.

WOD was simple enough:
5 rounds for time, 6-9-12-9-6 of
- handstand push ups
- pull ups
- box jumps 24" box
- dead lifts 155# (scaled to 135#)

First round went well.  Used one abmat for the hspu. 6 of anything is doable. Round 2 got really hard, struggled with the last 4 hspu.  Had to run to the bathroom to blow my nose.  Nothing clears your sinuses like a hspu/box jump combo.  Grabbed an extra abmat for the rest of the workout.

Hspu were the limiter for sure.  Finished in 15:57.

Was way harder than it should've been. Still recovering I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment