Monday 8 December 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, December 8th

Bailed after strength work.

Either the flu shot is having side effects, or whatever I had Friday/Saturday is lingering or I'm starting something else, but after each lift I felt weaker and weaker.

That hollow feeling you get in your chest, like you are hungry but you have no appetite. Anyway.

Started with 3 sets of 4 thrusters, light, focusing on bar path and as a warm up for the clean and jerks to come.

Did 95#, that was fine.  It was when I started the c&j that I started to feel off.

Did 115# and 135# and that was okay, even the 135# felt off.

We were doing 4 triples at 75%, so 155# is what I chose, but on the second rep I didn't even try to jerk it.

I knew the WOD started with a 60 calorie row, which I knew would finish me.  So packed up, wished the crew good luck and went home.

Oh well.

So these are the lifting standard for an intermediate lifter weighing 198lbs (as I do) along with my current records and the difference.

LiftTarget      Current         Diff
Bench Press       215230-15
Deadlift    335365-30
Press1451450
Power Clean20519510
Power Snatch16014020
Squat285295-10

That being said, my focus is still on strength, not power.  The two outstanding lifts may have to wait until later in the winter before I seriously tackle them.  Although the power clean may well be within my reach sooner.   We'll see.

I'm just putting it out there, in writing, so that I'm clear on my secondary goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment