Friday 29 August 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, August 29th - but not.

Arrived a full 5 minutes before 5:30.  I'll hop on the rower to warm up before I do my bretzels.

Except no coach. Gym closed. Gen finally calls, waking coach up.  Argh!  Family issues the night before, I completely understand and don't hold it against him.

Arrived close to 6:00, so no time for strength work, only a WOD I really don't want to do. A repeat of June 27th.

- 20 overhead squats at 95#
followed by 3 rounds of:
 - 15 clean and jerks 95#
 - 10 chest to bar pull ups
followed by
- 20 overhead squats

So I started by hanging on the rings, passive hang, see if I could get to 2 minutes (a milestone for starting some more advanced drills). And I did it! So yay me.

Using my phone as a timer, I noticed a text from Kiza that I wouldn't normally have seen until after the workout, if at all.  "Come home soon, both kids awake. Grumpy mama".

Great. Not wanting to do OHS I looked at the strength work. Since my focus is strength and I'm not going to the gym at lunch, and Kiza wanted me home I decide to do that instead of the WOD.

2 front squats, 1 split jerk

But rack space was limited, so I had to clean the weight.  And it's a power move more than strength, everything about it was the wrong decision. I should've just done the WOD.  Or at the very least asked to use the rack in the back (yet to be launched area), but I can guess what the answer to that would've been.

Made it to 165#. At 175# I failed to lock out the jerk.  I didn't even leave any earlier. 

Whatever. 

I should've done the WOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment