Wednesday 20 August 2014

Crossfit log for Wednesday, August 20th

Legs are still toast from Monday, and as I contemplated not going, in the wee hours of the morning, Delilah woke up calling for Mommy.  Kiza came back and informed me that she told Delilah she could crawl into mommy's bed at 5:00am because daddy will be leaving.

So I guess my decision was made for me.

So naturally, since my legs are toast it was squats fiesta. 

Started with 3 sets of 5 thruster, heaviest manageable weight.  Did 125#.  After a fairly long warm up things started to get easier.

Then we moved to 3 sets of 3 front squats.  Worked up to 205#. Happy with that. Hardly felt my groin.  Bonus.

The WOD was a partner WOD, but there were three of us, so I worked along side Maks and Natasha worked alone.  She had to wait until both of us were finished before starting her part.

It was a 20 minute AMRAP, partners alternate stations:
- 5 strict handstand push ups (scale to kipping, then add abmats, or switch paralette push ups)
- 10 pull ups
- 15 pistols (scale to 30 air squats)

I did hspu with two abmats, too easy, but only one seems to be too hard, I need to find something in between. Maks did paralette push ups.  Natasha did kipping no mats.

We all did unassisted pull ups.

Natasha did pistols and Maks and I did air squats.

I really did well on this workout.  I smoked Maks on the pull ups, after 3 rounds he was breaking them up, neither of us was working very hard on the push up station and the squats, despite my legs begin sore, I was a piston, a squat machine.  It was epic.  Right to the end I didn't pause once.

Natasha worked the hardest of all of us, but I definitely pull my weight.

We completed 12 rounds and 11 reps: Natasha managed 6 pull ups before the buzzer.

Glad I went, I surprised myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment