Thursday 21 August 2014

Crossfit log for Thursday, August 21st

Really struggled to get out of bed this morning.  Took nearly 20 minutes of self-talk amid dozing and moving my legs to test whether they are functional.

Finally I just bit the bullet, rolled out of bed and hurried to the gym.

Got there a bit late.

The strength work was 4 sets of clean and press complex: 2 power cleans + 3 push press.

Really slow to start, 95# was hard.  135# was way harder than it should have been.  Second one was better.

Finally made at 155# and it got easier after that.  Just needed to warm up completely I guess.

Did 3 sets at 155#, counted the last set at 135# as a working set.

WOD was a very low rep, 3 rounds for time with an 8:00 cap.
- 2 rope climbs
- 6 overhead squats (Rx 185# for men, 115# for women)

Well that wasn't happening.  Women's Rx is my 1 rep max!  Plus I need my good lifting shoes to even hope to hit an OHS and there is no way I'm climbing a rope with them.

I so scaled to front squats, but 185# is like my max power clean, since you have to start from the floor, I stuck with the 155# I already had on the bar.

That was rough enough.  Once on my shoulders it was fine, but getting it there after the rope climbs was rough.

Finished in 7:47.  Even struggled with the rope climbs.  Looking forward to this soreness to go away!


No comments:

Post a Comment