Monday 11 August 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, August 11th

First day back at Crossfit in what seems like ages.  (not as long as my blog says, I've forgot to log my last workout before vacation, I just posted my last strength workout, but have had to ask my crew to remind me of what we did at Crossfit).

It was a good workout to comeback to.  Long, but good, and very easily scalable.

Started with an 18 minute EMOM, odd minutes, power snatches (5-5-5-3-3-3-1-1-1) and even minutes double unders 30-40, (or scale)

The guideline for the double unders was to try and keep about 30 seconds to rest before going back to the snatches.

Took it easy, first day back, did 75# for the sets of 5, 85# for the sets of 3 and 95#(1) and 105#(2) for the singles.

Double unders went really well for the first 4, did 30 reps almost all unbroken, then it fell apart and I hit 15 with 15 seconds left, the I hit 5, just stopped at 30 seconds, it wasn't going anywhere. 

After that I hit 30 again but had to work to within 10 seconds of the buzzer, the next to last I had a good run and went 30 almost all unbroken, and the last one, since we weren't doing snatches again, we took the whole minutes and I still only managed 30.  Oh well.  It was a fast rope and I just wasn't used to it.

The WOD was a 12 minute AMRAP:
- 10 burpee box jumps
- 4 ring dips

each round add one ring dip (1st round 4, 2nd round 5, 3rd round 6, etc...)

Paced the burpees, ring dips were fast. after 4th round I started to fade fast. Stalled on the 8 ring dips, made 5 with 20 seconds left and just stopped, I tried a last one, but couldn't get back up to save my life.

77 reps. I'll take it.

I just got the low down on the workout from the 31st I forgot to log, I'll do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment