Friday 15 August 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, August 15th

We did power cleans to 1 rep max for strength/skill work.  Took two tries to hit my current max of 185#.  Tried 195# but seeing as I just hit 191# in a squat clean, I didn't expect to make it. And I didn't.

The WOD was 12.3. Not my favourite.  Did it last on March 11th, but this time I did it Rx.

Open WOD 12.3:
18 minutes, AMRAP
- 15 box jumps
- 12 push press 115#
- 9 toes to bar

I didn't chain the box jumps very well.  Shared a two boxes between Justin, Kamil and myself.  Only the first round was problem.  Justin and I alternated, which was fine, it's a long workout.  Within the first 5 jumps we had each nearly wrecked once. Had a good chuckle. After that, one of the two boxes was free, and once I had started on Justin's and he showed up, so I just turned around and continued on Kamil's who had just finished on his.

I was steady, but not fast.  No bouncing back up, land and jump again, which is slow but takes much less focus and intensity.

Push press was much harder at 115# than 95#, maybe 105# would've been a smart option.  Did them all in two sets of 6 with varying length of break between sets.

Toes to bar went really well.  Grip was a bit of an issue with all the hanging.  Hopefully in a week or so my hands will have toughened up.  Did them in 6+3 for 3 rounds then 9 unbroken the fourth. Didn't make it to the fifth.

Score was 4 rounds + 20 reps (so 5 push press) or a total of  164.  Not bad for Rx. 

Did two hangs for 1 minute each (1 on rings, 1 on bar).  Tried again after the WOD but the T2B kill my hands.  Lasted less than 15 seconds!!


No comments:

Post a Comment