Monday 25 August 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, August 25th - a new beginning.

First day at the new location.  The drive there is marginally further, but all highway and fewer lights.  The drive back has more lights and the sun in your eyes, but all in all, the transportation side of things is equivalent.

It's huge! Tons of new gear, new racks, the works.  And to ropes go really high!

The gym may be new, but the hard work is the same as ever.

We started with back squats, 4 sets of 4.  My program at 3 sets of 5 was 230#, so I aimed for 225#.  That was a good weight.  Could hardly feel my groin.

After that we did 4 heavy singles of squat clean.  Worked up to 175# and stayed there for 4.  Tried to focus on staying on my heels.  I think it was okay.


The WOD was a short intense affair:

10 minute AMRAP of:
- 6 squat cleans 135#
- 12 pull ups
- 24 double unders

Struggled with the cleans and decided after round 1 to swap the 45# plates for 35# (115#) shouldn't have.  Last two time we did this I did Rx.

April 28th and June 16th.  Made 3 rounds + 4 reps last time. Today I was 3+1. lost time swapping the plates.

My lower back was feeling tight during the cleans, which is why I decide to lower the weight, so maybe it was the right thing to do.

Pull ups were fine.  Double unders, as usual were unpredictable.


No comments:

Post a Comment