Friday 22 August 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, August 22nd - The last day

Today was my last workout at a gym that has been an almost daily part of my life for three years.

Physics is relocating to a bigger, better facility, which is exciting but naturally it's also bit sad.  So many huge  accomplishments and epic failures happened between those walls. 

The accomplishments were wonderful, but it was the failures that mattered.

We've pushed ourselves to our limits and beyond. We've dared to try things we would never have contemplated anywhere else.

Never once did I feel embarrassed or ashamed for trying something and not succeeding.

We've grown in that place, become more than we were before finding our way there.

I look forward to making some new memories at the new box, but I will miss the old one. 

For my final workout, we started with a snatch complex for skill/strength. Not my favourite.

1 power snatch, 1 hang snatch, 1 overhead squat.

I was too scared to do the split snatch, for fear of aggravating my sore groin/aductor. So I mostly did 2 power snatches and 2 overhead squats.

Wasn't pretty.  Got better the more I warmed up, so I can't help thinking that when it becomes a priority and I work it daily (or at least multiple times per week) I'll see some serious improvement.  Next year.  Work the plan. Stay focused.

The WOD was rough, as usual.  4 rounds for time:
- 9 dead lifts 95#
- 8 power cleans 95#
- 7 power snatches 95#
- 6 toes to bar
- 5 chest to bar pull ups

28 power snatches at 95#, nope.  Dropped to 75# worried I'd feel bad the first round for being a slacker, but I'd be happy by the last one.  Didn't take that long, I was happy the first round.

CTB were rough too, I hate that I'm so proficient at regular pull ups but can't string together 2 CTB pull ups!  Grrr.  

T2B went really well. All unbroken.

16:31, last, but not by too much.  Chose weight well.


No comments:

Post a Comment