Wednesday 23 September 2015

Running and accessory log for Wednesday, September 23rd

Almost the end of this RunClub initiative I started at work and I can't wait for it to be over.  I've had 2 runners once, and 1 runner every other time, that doesn't make a club.  This is the fourth time I've tried to kickstart this thing and it's the same every time.

The first time, I didn't mind, I was training for races and I was going out anyway.  This time, I'd rather be in the gym.  I have a ton of accessory work I want to do and supplementary strength training, a day off to run with a non-club is a waste of my time.  Any way the race is October 8th or 9th. Then it'll be over.

So I ran with Karen, who used to be my sole RunClubber in the early days, which was nice.  We did the same 4km and a bit in 25:43.  Good pace. 

When I got back to the gym, I was itching to do something. Settle on wrists curls using a 35# dumbbell. Did 8 reps each side.

Then I did some one armed dumbbell rows.  8 per side with 55#, the got the big 90# dumbbell and did 6 per side.  I can go heavier.  Next time 100#.

I decide to go back to the wrist curls, using the 35# as warm up, I noticed there was a pair of fat grips to but over the dumbbell handle for a thicker grip, harder on the wrist.  So I used that with a 50# dumbbell.  Wow, that was hard, got 5 reps on the right, with great struggle and only 4 on the left.

Next time, if they're still there, I'll try 45# instead. If not, I'll still try 45#.

At least I felt productive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment