Monday 21 September 2015

Crossfit log for Monday, September 21st

Wasn't too tired this morning, despite reading until 10pm.

Up and out the door by 5:15am

Today looked like a rough one.

Started with a new shoulder routine that I suspect I'll be seeing a lot of:
10 band pull-aparts
10 Block Shrugs
20 Shoulder Rolls (10 each side)
10 Lateral Shoulder Dumbbell Raises
20 Handstand Shoulder Touches (essentially handstand walk)

You can see the demo here

The last part was rough on my wrist, I couldn't really do them, but tried a few with little success.

Then we did seated box jumps for max height.  Nailed 40", got on top of 42" three times but was unable to keep my balance.

After that was a clean and jerk for 1 rep at 90% of max.  I maxed out at only 175#, in hindsight I should have tried for 185# but I wasn't interested in pushing my luck.

The WOD looked horrible 4 rounds of:
6 squat cleans @ 75% of max  (I did 155#)
2 rope climbs.
run 400m

The run was only between rounds,  but not after the last round. It was like a rest interval. Ha.

Kamil had put an extra 5# for 160#, but I was getting ready to drop to 145#, but decided to try at 155#.  Good thing, it was totally manageable. I probably could have matched Kamil.

We stayed close the whole time, and much like last time, I beat him on the cleans every time. But it cost me, the run I used as recover, but not so much as to let him gain too much on me.  We are pretty evenly matched on the rope climb.

It turned into a race on the last round.  He got to the bar first but quickly caught him on the cleans, finishing just before him, and went straight to the rope.  As soon as we got back down he went right back up. Fuck!  So I jumped up and climbed for all I was worth.  We hit the top at the same time.

It was a good race.

18:17 of brutal work.

Looks like I can still keep up with the kids.  Kamil is like 16 years my junior. So yeah.

Oh yeah, this was a "test" WOD, it will be redone at some future date, presumably in the next one or two months, to see if the training is effective.


No comments:

Post a Comment