Thursday 3 September 2015

Crossfit log for Thursday, September 3rd

Oh. My. Achers.

Still tired, but managed to not fall back to sleep after the alarm.  Got to the gym and faced one of the hardest workouts I've ever done.

The WOD itself was great, would've been fun on fresh arms, but that was not to be.

A quick glance at the scheduled work had us starting with bench press 5 sets of 5 at 77%.  But upon close inspection, that was only one of four stations we cycled through 5 time each.

No time requirement.  5 rounds of:
- bench press at 77%  for 5 reps
- supinated strict pull ups (chin ups) for max reps
- ab wheel for 8 reps.
- 1 arm bent over dumbbell rows for 8 reps each side.

Started with 175# on the bench, but it started getting heavy really fast, on set #3 I dropped to 165# and stayed there.

chin ups were victimized by the other work, first round was 7, then 5 and 5 then 3 and the last round I think I did only 2, I was so done.

Ab wheel roll outs were really hard on my elbows, holding my arm rigid throughout the movement, did the work, until the last round where I think I stopped at 5 reps.   I was so done.

dumbbell rows went well with the 50# dumbbell. 

I may not be able to use my arms for the next couple of days.

The WOD was a 10 minute AMRAP partner WOD, each member does a full round while the other rests.
- 1 rope climb
- 7 handstand push ups
- 9 kettle bell swings  32kg/24kg

Worked with Martin, who is similar strength to me, but has a way better engine and more bodyweight skills.  And Fallon was shadowing me.

So I was under a lot of pressure to go fast for Martin to get back to work and to keep up with Fallon.

Did I mention my arms were toast?

I rarely work as hard as I did today.  It was great but exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment