Thursday 10 September 2015

Crossfit log for Thursday, September 10th

I didn't like the dark place I went to today.

Struggled to get out of bed, but figured I'd be glad once I got there and got it done.

Didn't happen that way at all.

The warm up was worse than many WODs, and the WOD, well, Kamil may have gotten his revenge for me beating him yesterday.

For the warm up we cycles through 4 stations for 4 rounds.

Handstand hold, for max time
Deadlift for 4 heavy reps, not touch and go, reset for each rep
Strict supinated chest to bar pull ups
Bulgarian split squats, 8 reps each leg holding dumbbells.

Handstand hold were wall facing, nose and toes.  Fine, if not tiring.

Deadlifts, alternated between Kamils bar at 205# and Kevin's at 275#.

Pull ups, grrr, hate doing stuff I suck at.  Ended up doing jumping CTB only way I could get the range of motion.  Need to work on this.

Split squats were rough,  wimped out on one round and used the 25# dumbbells, the other rounds were 35#.  Those might suck tomorrow and Saturday.

The WOD was a partner workout.  Maybe teaming up with Kamil was a mistake, he really put the hurt on me.

12 min AMRAP of:
- 30 heavy kettle bell swings  32kg
- 30 alternating plate burpees
- 10 ring dips  (scaled down from muscle ups).

I would not have used the red kettle bell, since we weren't doing the muscle ups, I would have scaled to 24kg.  But not Kamil.

First round he does 15 reps, okay, I'm fresh, I can match that, but he had a break before the burpees, I did not, it went down hill from there. 

Second round I very clearly said do 10, then with my hands made it visually clear, 10, 10, 5, 5. 

So he does 15.  Fucker.  I do 5, get some chalk, 5 more, catch my breath and last 5.   And then were back on the fucking burpees. 

Round three, he go the message, we alternated sets of 5.  Too little too late.

We got to 19 burpees (collectively) at the buzzer.  So 2 rounds plus 49.

I was so dead at the end.

Well at least I worked hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment