Wednesday 2 September 2015

Crossfit log for Wednesday, September 2nd

Oh man, I almost didn't make it today.

Turned of my alarm and promptly fell back to sleep.

Woke at 5:21, 9 minutes to class start, any other morning I would have rolled over and said "forget it", but I missed yesterday, and I have run club at lunch, so I wasn't going to miss lifting.

 I jumped out of bed, grabbed my gear and hurried downstairs. I registered for class as my coffee brewed and guzzled my orange juice with my allergy pill while stirring my coffee. Guzzled that, grabbed my bags and keys and sped out the door.

I didn't drive much faster than usual, as I usually drive pretty fast.

Arrived at 5:35, but thanks to the slow clock at the gym, it was only 5:33! They were just starting the warm up. Yay me!

The warm up was 6 minutes.  40 double unders, 25 band pull-aparts, murder on the shoulders.

Then we did the 10 minute EMOM of 3 strict press at 67%, so 95# for Kamil and me. I went first this time, which was really weird, as I'm used to going right after him and not waiting for the clock to beep the next minute.

After that, lunges (what?! No back squat!?), front rack with 95# for 4 sets of 12 steps. Hard. Wrist held up.

 Finally the WOD, a 12 minute AMRAP of:
- 4 pull ups
- 3 chest to bar pull ups
- 2 muscle ups
- 8 shoulder to overhead 165#/110#
- 20 calorie row

Scaled the bar work to 5 pull ups and 2 jumping bar muscle ups, worked really well. Used 115# on the bar, women's Rx plus 5#, wise choice, it was hard on my wrist but once I got a rhythm going it was good.

Row sucked.

Made 2 rounds plus 15, all but the row  (thankfully).

I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment