Wednesday 9 September 2015

Crossfit log for Wednesday, September 9th

I've had a few workouts lately that I push really hard, harder than usual. Today was one of those.

After the warm up of rowing 100m, 12 goblet squats and 7 strict push ups for 5 minutes, we did fairly light strength work.

4 sets of 4 back squats at 70%, so 221#, rounded down to 220#. And 5 sets of 5 strict press at 60%, 85#.


Did the squats with Pat, who was doing 210#, so adding 5# per side was a snap.  Did the presses with Kamil, since we use the same weight and as an added bonus, put the rack at the same height.

Didn't use a belt. Did sets of 5 for the first 2 sets of back squats, autopilot.

Not much to tell here.

The WOD wad 5 rounds for time
- run 200m
- 5 squat cleans, 205#/135#

205# wasn't happening, and I didn't think 185#would go either, women's Rx seemed too little, so I opted for 155#.  My wrist felt totally fine. Weird.

Before we started I noticed Kamil also had 155#, so I totally thought game on!

Running in lifters sucks, but cleaning in flats sucks worse. So I used my Asics lift trainers, it was the best compromise available to me.

First run was pretty much the same for everyone, but I finished the cleans before Kamil. Stayed ahead of him on the second run, and again faster on the cleans.

The run started to hurt, and he caught me at the end getting to his bar before me, but once again, finished ahead on the cleans. As I walked to the door catching my breath he passed me. I didn't let him get too far ahead, and we finished the cleans neck and neck.

He got a good lead on me on the last run, but he was hurting on the cleans at this point, I just hammered them out and finished 4 seconds ahead in 12:51

I was totally rolling on the ground moaning and grunting in a pool of sweat afterwards.

It's good to go to that dark place every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment