Tuesday 8 September 2015

Accessory work log for Tuesday, September 8th

Went to the Y with the idea of doing rings work.

Modified my plan to do 50 strict ring dips for time, to make it somewhat closer to my original workout of sets of 5 to failure.

Made it an EMOM of 5 strict ring dips.  So "to failure" didn't mean failure, or that it was over, it just meant less rest before the next round.

I made the 10 rounds, but barely, maybe the last reps was over the time limit.  Next time I'll bring my phone with the timer app.

But before I did that I did some of the Strongfit accessory work.

I started with good morning and tried to do some one legged Romanian deadlifts. Wow.  Once I figured out how to not round my back, that severely shortened my range of motion.  I'll need to keep working on these along with regular RDLs and Good mornings.

Did 2 sets of supinated barbell rows, one at 85# to warm up and 1 at 175#.  Last time (Aug. 31st) I did 145# for 6 as my working set, which wasn't that hard, so I wanted to get closer to 50% of my deadlift, which at 365# would be 185#.

175# was really hard, and I'm not entirely sure I'm doing them right.  I'm keeping my back set, but I'm kinda kipping them, using my hips to give the bar a bit of momentum and I'm bringing it up to about halfway between my navel and my sternum. I think that needs to be higher, but I really don't know. Nor do I know just how strict they need to be. 

This is one of those too many "experts" on the internet all saying different things.

In any event, I'll be taking it down to 165# next time and see how that goes.

After the ring dips, I did 3 sets of 3 ring pull ups, engaging my lats.  Grip strength still needs work.


No comments:

Post a Comment