Monday 14 September 2015

Crossfit and physio log for Monday, September 14th

I went to physio after Crossfit for the first time in several weeks (Rob was on vacation), and since my wrist was feeling much better this week, I was expecting a quick and painless visit.

I took all of labour day weekend off, 3 full days, and when I came back on Tuesday, it hurt worse than ever, really started to worry, but as the week progressed it felt better and better.

You can imagine my surprise when the needling found knot after knot, twitch after twitch.  Ouch.

Anyway it's on the mend.

In fact I PR'd my snatch from the hang on it before the appointment.

No actual WOD today, we did a 5 minute alternating 100m row 30 double unders for a warm up. Double under went really well.  I'm getting the hang of my new rope.

Then we did the 1 rep max low hang snatch.  I haven't topped 125# in ages.  I caught 125# on August 25th, but failed at 135#.  My 125# attempt today wasn't pretty but I got under easily. So easily it was more of a power snatch than a snatch.  So I knew if I committed to getting under it, I had more in me.

So I put on 135#, first try my knee touched the ground, no rep.  Tried again and nailed it.  Although I caught it a bit high.

Maybe if I hadn't had to take two attempts at 135#, I would've hit 145#, but as it was, all three attempts for a snatch PR (not even from the hang, even regular snatch) failed on the second pull, just not enough explosiveness at that weight with what fatigue I had in me.

Oh well, 135# is a PR from the hang

Then we did 3 singles from the ground at 75% of max. I shared Pat's bar at 105# instead of the 100# I had planned. For the sake of 5#, I just clean up my bar right away instead of at the end.

This was easy compared to what we had just done.

Finally we did 1 max set of strict pull ups. I'm pretty sure I've never done more than 7 in a row. 

I got 10, so I'm counting that a my new PR. 

Not a bad day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment