Friday 4 September 2015

Crossfit log for Friday, September 4th

Okay, I'm done. I'm so glad this week is over.  I've been exhausted.  Getting to bed too late. Doing higher volume even with fewer sessions. Doing accessory work targeting oft neglected muscle groups. Plus a nagging wrist injury.

I'm a mess.

This morning we started with 3 rounds of 8 romanian deadlifts at 0.5x bodyweight plus 25' banded monster walk one side, 25' the other side. (I skipped the last monster walk).  The RDL, were good, I'm really pushing to get as deep as I can to stretch those hamstrings under tension.

After that we did 3 sets of 3 back squats at 92%, which I estimated at 290#, so my last warm up set, which became my first working set was 275#, and already I knew I was in trouble, no glutes thanks to the lunges from the other day. Hamstrings were dicey,  everything has been taxed this week.  Set two, I upped it to 285# and that was challenging, but I did it.  I didn't bother going up to 290# for the last set, and just stayed at 285#.

It'll have to do.

I didn't really do the low hand clean and jerk 4 sets of 3 at 77% of max.  My wrist and lack of doing these of the past few weeks, I just wasn't into it.  I did a few cleans working up slowly, to test out my wrist for the WOD instead.

The WOD was a chipper:
- 15 heavy cleans  185#/ 120#
- 30 bar facing burpees
- 60 wall balls.

With my wrist, fatigue and lack of olympic lifting lately, I only managed 135#, tried 155# in warm up and it wasn't happening. 

Burpees were slow and systematic.

Wall balls were 4 sets of 15. 6 sets of 10 might have been better, the break between sets was sometimes excessive.

Was really glad when it was done.  11:18 final time.

No comments:

Post a Comment