Thursday 17 September 2015

Accessory log for Thursday, September 17th

Really wanted to lift heavy, but tomorrow is max squat day, so I'm saving myself.

Plus we did max overhead press this morning, so overhead was out of the question.

Started with those face pulls to activate the rotator cuff. Then I did some z-presses.

I still lack the flexibility to sit with my back vertical any my legs horizontal and straight. I did the best I could and warmed up with 15# dumbbells.  The recommended weight is 40% of clean and jerk. So for me would be 80# or two 40# dumbbells for 5 or 6 reps, to near failure.  

I used 35# and got 6 reps, but my mid back was really taxed. Need to improve my position. 

So I worked on Romanian deadlifts, one and two legged with a 57# bar. 

I'm going to switch to kettle bell, I'm having too much trouble balancing laterally because of the bar, so I'll take it out of the equation.

I did some wrist curls with the same heavy bar and killed my grip. So the balance of the RDLs and the pull ups I did later were aided by my lifting straps.

I did 5 or 6 sets of 5 pull ups, spaced out amid RDLs and conversations with Dave Rapai.  I tried to really recruit my lats and not my biceps, given the straps I was able to take grip strength out of the equation for these.

Wasn't a big day, but felt productive nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment