Friday 25 September 2015

Crossfit log for Friday, September 25th

I so wanted to get a good night's sleep.  Alas, it was not to be.

Both kids woke up during the night, within a half an hour of each other, and thankfully, Kiza dealt with them, but from that point on, my sleep was fitful, and not very restful. 

I was partly awake when the alarm finally went off, so I rolled out of bed to get ready.

Made good time, thankfully, because they finally set the clock to the correct time. It had been 5 minutes slow for the longest time, but now I barely made it on time.

Warm up was good.  5 minutes of 5 strict chin ups, 10 overhead squats 45#, 8 glute bridges. 

Then right to the WOD.

16 minute AMRAP of
- 4 rope climbs
- 6 ground to overhead 155#/105#
- 16 box jump overs

The notes said, try to go Rx.  So I did. Hard.  The ground to overhead turn into power clean push press.  I didn't have the core stability to jerk it. 155# really slowed me down.

Rope climbs were okay, box jump overs were tedious, but I got through them.

I managed 2 full rounds plus 3 rope climbs.

Finished off with death by chest to bar pull ups and double unders

1st minute 3 CTB, 2nd minute 20 DUs
3rd minute 6 CTB, 4th minute 20 DUs
5th minute 9 CTB, ....

For 10 minutes, maxing out at 15 CTB.  Once you can't complete the CTB within the minute, your workout is over.

I made it to 9 CTB, with 24 seconds left, but I didn't think I'd make the round of 12, so I switched to regular pull ups at that point and finished the workout.  I'll count my score at 3 rounds, not 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment