Tuesday 29 September 2015

Crossfit log for Tuesday, September 29th

Partner WODs are good and all, but man you work way harder when someone else is counting on you.

I would have never put in as much work in a workout like that, if Kamil weren't waiting on me to finish so he could get going.

The warm up was a 5 min cycle of 5 pull ups, 10 superman rocks, 10 hollow rocks and 10 air squats.  Fun times.

Then we did seated box jumps at 70% of last weeks test high.  8 triples.  I started with the 30" box which is a couple of inches higher than my 70%, but whatever. Pat was adding a 25# plate for an extra 2.25", so rather than take it off each time, I just started using that after round 3 or 4.

After that was 3 sets of 5 touch and go deadlifts at 60% (I did 210#, using 350# as my max since 365# hasn't been possible in ages).   Not a problem at that weight, brought it down slowly and just tapped the floor.  No bounce.

And finally the WOD.  Ugh.

20 minute AMRAP. Share the work equally. 
- 400m farmer carry (24kg/16kg)  200m each
- 30 overhead squats (115#/75#)  Kamil and I agreed on 95#
- 30 bar facing burpees.  Ugh.

Our second round was faster than our first.  We only got two.  Kamil got 38m into the farmer carry, but only a full 400m counts as a rep. So it was for nothing.

Holy grip strength batman!  That was rough on the forearms.

My OHS was beautiful.  Had to be, my shoulder were so taxed, I had to really push my position to be able to do my share. Isabelle would've been proud.

Burpees suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment