Thursday 2 October 2014

Crossfit log for Thursday, October 2nd

Took yesterday off.  Didn't go to Crossfit. Did only mobility work at the Y over lunch.

Also added some nutrition to the mix with a BCAA cocktail.  Hard to tell if it has any effect, but I'll go with it for the duration of the container I bought.

Strength work was back squats, 5 sets of 3. 

I was happy to see this, another back squat workout this week is appropriate for where things are right now.

Worked up to 245#, but running low on time I counted my last warm up set at 225# as a working set.

The last set was the best one, so I feel good about it.

The WOD was a brutal chipper for time:

4 rope climbs
10 bar muscle ups (scaled to 10 chest to bar pull ups + 10 ring dips)
40 shoulder to overhead with axl @ 90# (scaled to women's Rx 70#)
30 calorie row
20 toes to bar
2 rope climbs.

Rope climbs, I'm good.  Muscle ups, I tried  but it's not there yet. The scale was to do ring dips, so I asked the coach if I could do 5 ctb and 5 dips because I need to work my ctb more than my dips. 

Just before the WOD starts, like 10 seconds before, he says, "you know James, do 10 ctb and 10 dips, you can handle that".  Gee thanks. So that's what I did.

STO with the axl was not as bad as I expected, but good thing I scaled. I was able to do 4 sets of 10.

The row was fine up to 20 calories, the last 10 sucked.  Took time to catch my breath before the t2b.  Managed to do 4 sets of 5. Last set was rough.

Doing 2 rope climbs after 20 t2b was not fun.  I can pretty consistently climb a 15' rope in two pulls.  No way at the end. Couldn't bring my feet up enough, took three pulls for both.

Got it done in 14:43.  Worked hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment