Tuesday 21 October 2014

Strength log for Tuesday, October 21st

I don't often work that hard with an empty bar.

After working through my physio homework and mobility work I decided, since I was told to go easy on the squats for this cycle, I'd do some overhead squat work.  Necessarily light but still hard work.

I started working and first attempt I actually got into a decent squat.  I did a couple of sets and tried to go heavier but it wasn't happening. Even at 95#.

I was bummed.

Dave Rapai told me about some work he'd done, basically holding a backsquat for 2 minutes, two or three times to warm up, then hold a overhead squat for as long as you can.

So I tried to get into a overhead squat and I got down and really deep. shockingly deep.  I held it for a long time and really worked the position, forcing my shoulders to externally rotate.  It was the best overhead squat I ever did.  Even if it was empty bar.

I did this a couple of times and felt really good.

So not lost at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment