Monday 13 October 2014

Strength log for Monday, October 13th

I don't often get to workout in my garage, since I'm either at the box or the Y, but since everything was closed and everyone was home it made sense to make use of the fabulous Rogue bar and bumpers I have.

Strict press was the order of the day. Took my time working up to  130# for a single.

Tried 150# again for a new PR, with the same result as the last three times.

So I figured I'd hit 135# for 3.  Got one and that was it.

Need a plan.

Given my back and slowly getting back to heavy back squats, and the trouble I've been having getting to my current and new PRs I think it's time to go back to the 6 week program.  Maybe shorten it up to 4 weeks, since I've already spent a couple of weeks post PRs in some kind of plateau.

The full plan is this:
Week one: 5 x 5 reps at 75%
Week two: 3 x 5 reps at 80%
Week three: 5 x 3 reps at 85%
Week four: 3 x 3 reps at 90%
Week five : 1 x 3 reps or 3 x 1 rep at 95%
Week six: test 1 reps max.

I think I'll start at week 3 going forward.  See how that works out.


No comments:

Post a Comment