Thursday 9 October 2014

Crossfit log for Thursday, October 9th

The dry needling and massage followed by a good night's sleep seems to have really helped.

My body position is back to normal, with a little tightness, but no pain.  Huge deal.

Avoiding bending forward doing lots of upward dog.

So I went to Crossfit planning to do what I could. 

Started with snatch 3 doubles at 65% (I did 75#).  Went really well.  Took a while to warm up but managed some pretty good snatches.

Then clean and jerk, 3 double  at 65%, rest as needed (did 125#). Same deal. Happy with that. 

No issue with my back.

WOD was not the best option for my back, thankfully only 8 minute AMRAP:
- 1 rope climb
- 4, 8, 12, 16, 20...  alternating dumbbell snatches.  70# men/ 50# women.

The day I hurt myself we did rope climbs.  I don't think they were the cause but still had me worried.

You have to really bend down low to pick up a dumbbell off the floor, so I scaled to power snatch with 75#.

Climbed the rope carefully and it wasn't a problem

Snatches were still hard, but at least I didn't have to bend so low.  Made 4 rounds with like 5 seconds left, no point trying to climb the rope.

Felt good to move.

Did some bretzels and more upward dog before I left. 

Happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment