Monday 20 October 2014

Strength and Physio log for Monday, October 20th

First a note that I did strict press on Saturday in my home gym, since I missed Crossfit Friday morning and I didn't official start week 2 programming on the strict press.  I also knew I wouldn't be going to Crossfit this morning so it made sense to do something Saturday.

I did 3 sets of 5 at 115#. Very difficult but I did it.

Today started with a trip to Rob Crispo, master physiotherapist.

Needled my medial glute on the left, piriformis on the right (which shot like a lightening bold right down to my foot!) and my erectors.  Did some range of motion and muscle engagement tests and gave me more home work.

He's still a bit cautious about my back and told me to go easy this cycle. So I'll continue press work but ease off on the squat work. I'll do some higher volume, some pause squats, some slow and not to full extension work to strengthen the legs while not taking as much toll on the back.

Homework consists of the same glute recruitment drill as before and another similar on on the other side called the Right Sidelying Left Adductor Pullback which is almost the opposite of the other one.

Lying on the opposite side, pull the left need back instead of forward and push it into the other leg instead of spreading them.   Sucks so bad. 

So I did the home work at the Y with some bretzels and lazy push ups, then did some light squats. 

Then I hopped on the bench and warmed up to hit 5 sets of 3 at 85%, but added 5lbs to make it 195# instead of 190#

That was rough. I had to get bailed out on the very last rep. I was in a bad position and couldn't recover. 

I'm happy with that.  Looking forward to next workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment