Wednesday 15 October 2014

Strength log for Wednesday, October 15th

Back squat day.

Went back to week 2 of the plan.  I know I said I'd start with week 3, but I was a bit scared of the back squat and I figured I already started the week not doing week 3, so why not start week 3 fresh next Monday? Right?  So this week can be whatever, and week 2 3 sets of 5 at 80% (235# for back squats) seem like a good idea.

Started with some mobility work, rolling out the glutes, lazy push ups.  Did some bretzels right before the weight started to get heavy.

I needed a solid back squat workout and today I delivered.  It was a busy day at the Y so I was working in with Dave Rapai.  After warming up to 225# we couldn't find any 5# plates nearby but we each had a 10#, so I figured why not, I'll do 245# instead.

It wasn't easy, but I did it.  I was solid. Very upright.  All this work on my back with the upward dog/lazy pushup and bretzels is making a big difference and improving my position.

Very happy with this workout. 

Hit the steam room afterwards.  Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment