Monday 6 October 2014

Strength log for Monday, October 6th

Something I did on Thrusday has made my lower back unhappy.

I have no idea what.  I felt fine the entire workout, and only at the end when cleaning up the barbell did I notice a bit of tightness in my lower back.  As the day progressed the discomfort became worse.

A full 4 days later and I'm still feeling it, although not nearly as bad as Friday.

So 4 days without Crossfit or any heavy lifting was not helping my mood, so I went to the gym and did some mobility (as I did Thrusday and Friday), but this time I added some lifting.

I started with some squats, very light, trying to get into a good position without pain.  Was successful up to 145#.  Mostly pause squats, to really feel that bottom position. 

I only did a couple of sets, then moved on to strict press.

Back felt tight but not painful, building up to 135#.  Tried to push a bit more but it wasn't happening.  So I called it a day.

Rolled out my back a bit more then hit the steam room.

I have a massage booked for tomorrow, hopefully that will set things straight.


No comments:

Post a Comment