Wednesday 15 October 2014

Crossfit log for Wednesday, October 15th

We did snatch work again today.  Not my favorite, but it's good for me, so I do it.

My groin is still bugging me.  Rob the physio asked me last time, when I went in for my back if it was, but I wasn't sure, at least now I know it is.

The problem is, with these nagging injuries and my age, it takes me so long to warm up, that when I'm starting to feel good to do the work everyone else is finished.

So I think I actually squeezed in 2 sets of 3 snatches from the low hang when the board said 3 sets. Meh, I wasn't getting very low anyway.

Then we did snatch grip dead lifts vs. strict bar dips

I did 135# vs 10 dips  except the last set of dips I stopped at 6.  I'd had enough.

Then we set up the WOD.

It was a team WOD. 
12 minute AMRAP share the work as desired
- 20 burpee box jumps 24" box
- 20 cleans  115# barbell

Supposed to be teams of 2 but we were 5, so the girls did 20 reps and the boys just did 30 reps.  The problem with this schema is that we got twice as much rest. Would've made more sense to have one of the guys shadow someone.  Whatever, it was still touch.

We broke it up in sets of 5 each.

The third guy was new, from Crossfit Firebreather, wasn't sure how good his engine was.  Kyle and I smoked him.  He started to fade at the end of round 2 and was we started round three with the clock running out he managed his 5 burpee box jumps then rolled on to the floor done.  Kyle stepped in to do his last 5 as the timer buzzed.

2 rounds plus 30 box jumps = 150 reps.

Team WOD really demonstrate your relative fitness, we did the exact same work. Kyle smoked the cleans and struggled a bit on the burpees, I was really moving on the burpee box jumps, and struggling on the cleans. It was gratifying at the end to not be the weakest link.

No comments:

Post a Comment