Tuesday 28 October 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, October 28th

Well, that was a rough.

After a barbell complex of 1 power clean + 1 power clean (touch an go) + 1 hang squat clean + 2 shoulder to overhead.

Find 1 rep max.

Worked with Kamil and worked up rather quickly. Managed 155#, likely could have done 165# or even 175#.  Sadly we jumped from 155# to 185# and both Kamil and I failed, but he at least got the two power cleans.

The WOD was a chipper from hell.

For time:
- 50 calorie row
- 40 double unders
- 30 kettle bell swings 32kg
- 20 toes to bar
- 10 thrusters 135#

I hate rowing for calories.  After getting through that and struggled through the double unders.  Ended up getting a couple of strings of 10 - 12 reps, so I got to 40 relatively quickly.

I was planning on using the 24kg kettle bell, but at the last minute decided to go with the red devil.  Made it in 3 sets of 10, with some longish breaks.

So now I'm a Rx roll. All hinging on the thrusters.

Did the T2B in 8, 7, 5 then slowly walked to the thrusters bar.  Just do 2 I said to myself, get things started.  Cleaned it into a squat and up into a thruster and re-rack it.. OMG that's heavy.  Squat and thrust for 2.  Drop it.

This is going to suck.  Cleaned it again, and down and up for 2 again.

Coach yelling at me to go for 3. After a short break I managed to clean it into a thruster and hit 2 more reps for 3, only 3 to go.  Same deal, and done.

Wow.  Collapsed to the floor. Spent.

14:28  a minute and a half slower than Kamil who is a master of double unders.

Done is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment