Monday 29 September 2014

Strength log for Monday, September 29th

The program I'm following calls for working up to 1 heavy rep, at 90% plus of max, and depending entirely on how I feel, either go for a new max, peel off for reps or call it a day.

Walking in you always hope for a new PR, which is of course, completely unrealistic.

So I'm naturally a bit disappointed I didn't hit a new max strict press.  However I did get the next best thing.

I matched my current PR of 145#, which means it wasn't a fluke.  I really can press 145#.  My attempt at 150# met the same result as every other attempt, perhaps getting marginally higher than before.

So I was still feeling good, I decided to go to for 3 sets of doubles at 135#

That was hard.

First to sets were a fight. Third set, the first one went up better than any others, but strangely, the second one wouldn't go at all!  Weird. 

Moved on to pull ups.  Strict, no weight, neutral grip. 

I did my physio home work before starting and some bretzels before my PR attempt.

Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment