Wednesday 3 September 2014

Crossfit log for Wednesday, September 3rd

Squat clean thrusters.

Ugh.

3 sets of 2 at 80% of 1 rep max clean and jerk.  So I did 155# because it was easier to set up than 148#.

Ended up counting my last warm up set at 135# as a working set.  Ugh.

WOD was killer.

Team Series Event #2
For time:
Male/Female pair 1 completes:
30 thrusters (M) 30 pull-ups (F)
30 thrusters (F) 30 pull-ups (M)
20 thrusters (M) 20 pull-ups (F)
20 thrusters (F) 20 pull-ups (M)
10 thrusters (M) 10 pull-ups (F)
10 thrusters (F) 10 pull-ups (M)

95 / 65 lb. thrusters

Chest-to-bar pull-ups



Worked with Natasha. We scaled the pull ups to chin over bar.

We wise chose to start with a our weekest station and thankfully they were not the same for both of us. I started on thrusters and she on pull ups.

First round went really well, planned on doing 3 sets of 10 for everything, but first rep I hit myself on the nose going up. I've hit my chin before, but never my nose.  Man, that hurt!  I got 10 done, but then only 6, so I quickly did 4 more to make 10. Then did 5 and 5.  

Pull ups went well as expected, 3 sets of 10. 

Round 2 sucked.  Got 6 thrusters which was a minor miracle. Some quick math I was able to figure out that if I did 5 then 4, 3 and 2, that would be 20, so that's what I did.  Worked really well. 

Again pull ups went 10 and 10, but it was starting to hurt. 

Round 3, I somehow managed to get 5 thrusters, but took forever to start.  Nat was finisher her pull ups as I finished my 5 reps, then I did 3 and 2 and finally got the last 10 pull ups. 6 and 4.

Done in 15:11

Wow.  Sweatfest.  Exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment