Tuesday 23 September 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, September 23rd

Already starting to feel the extra volume.  Workout Saturday meant only 1 rest day, then 2 workouts yesterday, getting out of bed this morning was rough.

But as usual, once I got going everything was fine.

We started with more snatch work:

3x2 snatch balance at 70% of max. 

I took my time to warm up, rowing, bretzels, rolled my glutes, then several reps with no bar, just dropping into a deep split, the several more reps with an empty bar.

Finally put 75# on and that went well.  70% is 95# for me.  Loaded up the bar and my first to reps were so horrible, not nearly deep enough, completely unstable, I just kept going and the 2 next were reasonable.

Since we still had a lot of work to do and the WOD look like a killer, I ended up counting the 2 ugly reps as a set and only did one more (which thankfully weren't horrible).

Then we did 1 squat clean thruster + 3 thrusters.

The instructions were to go heavier than you would in the WOD but no more than 70% of clean and jerk max.  So I wouldn't be going Rx on this one because the WOD called for 135#, which is more than 70% of my c&j max!

I ended up using 135#.  Rough, but I managed.

The WOD was a rough.  4 rounds would've been much more enjoyable.

5 rounds for time  12 minute cap:
- 6 dead lifts 135#/95#  (scaled to 115#)
- 5 thrusters - same bar
- 4 pull ups
- 3 chest to bar pull ups
- 2 bar muscle ups  (scaled to 3 ring dips)

we had the option to replace all the pull up bar work with 4 pull ups and 3 dips but since I was scaling the barbell I didn't want to cut the pull up work, so I did the pull ups, ctb and replaced the muscle ups with dips.

It was hard, the worst of it being the thrusters.  Managed to finished just under the wire in 11:45. 



No comments:

Post a Comment