Wednesday 3 September 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, September 2nd

Strength work this morning (really glad I did press yesterday)!

Back squats  4x4 at 70% of max.
I was working with Maks, after we hit 185#, things were going well so upped it to 205#  and it went well.

Dead lifts 3x3 at 75%.  I can't remember if we settled on 255# or 265# (I think it was 255#), 75% would've been 260# so I was happy either way.  Also went well.


WOD
5 rounds for time
- 5 squat clean @ 185# (scaled to 165#, until last round: 155$#)
- 5 muscle ups (scaled to ring dips)

Scaling muscle ups to ring dips feels like cheating to me (I should really do chest to bar instead, they need more work). So I minimized the scale on the cleans to compensate.  185# is just too close to my 1 reps max to sustain for 25 reps, so I settled on 165#.  Hard but doable.

Well until the last round, I ran out of steam, luckily Kyle's bar had 155# on it, and he was finished, so I used that for the last round. I think my time was around 10:49, happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment