Monday 22 September 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, September 22nd

Nice to be back at the 5:30 class.  Still hard to get out of bed, but it was nice to be back.

Busy day,  a ton of snatch work which went long so we bailed on the backsquats (I'll make up for that tomorrow at lunch), followed by a 10 minute AMRAP.

Started with snatches,  after a good warm up:
- 2 @ 80%
- 2 @ 85%
- 2 @ 90%
- 1 @ 85%
- 1 @ 90%
- 1 @ 95%

Then 3 sets of 2 complexes at 65%
1 hang snatch + 1 overhead squat

I took a long time to warm up.  Really worried about my groin/aductor, this is what injured it in the first place. So I rowed first, stretched, bretzels and then did some lunges. I could feel it, but it wasn't a sharp pain like before.

Some of them were not too shabby, considering I haven't done split snatch in ages. I got deeper as things went along. But didn't hit near those percentages.

I even calculated my weights based on a previous max of 125#, instead of my more recent 130#.

Planned 100#, 105#, 115# then 105#, 115#, 120# 

But by the time I worked to 95# I decide that would be my first working set, so I did 95# for 2, then 105# and 110#, and that was just ugly. So I went back down to 95# and stayed there for the singles, working on getting low and some were pretty good.

For the hang snatch OHS combo I did 75# which was only 60% of my 125#, but I was having success with that, especially on the OHS part.  Something must've really clicked on Saturday.  I look forward to testing myself on these soon.

The WOD was horrible, 10 minutes of:
- Wall balls: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, ...
- Double unders: 30, 30, 30, 30, 30, ...

Couldn't string together more than 6 double unders to save my life.  I need to practice them, but that'll have to wait, unless I do them as a warm up at the Y.  We'll see.

Got stuck on the double unders in the 4th round.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment