Monday 29 September 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, September 29th

Not a great morning.

Somehow my 3 year old got a hold of my alarm clock and unbeknownst to me, change the alarm time to 3:00am instead of 5:00am.

I didn't realize this until after 10 minutes of self-talk to get my ass out of bed, whereupon I noticed and cursed and flopped back into bed to try fruitlessly to fall back to sleep.

Now when 5:00am rolls around, the self-talk is trickier, since now I have the added disincentive of lack of sleep to counter argue. 

Based on the title of the blog we can safely assume that I managed to talk myself into getting up.

Strength work was front squats.  4 sets of 2, just above max clean and jerk.  Fast out of the bottom.

Used 205#, lighter than last week, where I felt slow coming up.   Went okay

Then 6 cleans at 80% of max  (did 165#), need to work on the pop at the end of the second pull.  Was pretty good at getting under the bar.

The WOD was burtal:
"Unbroken 2"
7 rounds for time  15 minute cap  (yes, 7 rounds)
- 4 handstand push ups  (scaled to one abmat)
- 5 cleans touch and go  135#  (scaled to 115#, thankfully)
- 6 chest to bar pull ups
- 7 kettle bell swing  (I don't know how heavy the red kettle bell is, but I scaled to green: 24kg)

Yeah, nowhere near 7 rounds, made 4 plus 9 reps.

HSPU went really well (except on the last round I lost balance and briefly came off the wall on the 3rd rep, and technically should've started over, but I bounced right back up and did the last rep).

The cleans were rough, even at 115#, glad I scaled.

Chest to bar were okay, not strung together, but I never came off the bar. 

Kettle wasn't an issue, might have been able to handle the red devil, but it would've make the rest worse. 

Glad it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment