Friday 12 September 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, September 12th

For an only-three-Crossfit-workouts  week, I sure feel wiped.

I may have been a bit too aggressive.

Started with clean and jerk complex:  1 power clean + 1 hand clean + 1 clean + 2 jerks.   Once through at 65%, once at 70% and once at 75%.

The thing with working mostly strength is I know my percentages for squats and presses and deads, but not for cleans, jerks and snatches.

Jumped in with Kamil who was planning 145#, 155# and 165# (when I should've been doing more like 125#, 135# and 145#)

The last one was a struggle, but I managed it.  I was wiped for the next part:

3 sets of 2 clean and jerk at 80% which is 155# for me, but we did 175#  95% of max.   Not very smart.

Struggled on the first set, bailed on the second and called it a day.

Then the WOD.  Fresh I might have done well, but at this point I was toast.

14 minute cap chipper:
- 100 double unders  (scaled to 50 because I suck)
- 20 handstand push ups (scaled to 10 with 1 abmat)
- 20 toes to bar
- 20 push press 135# (scaled to 115#)
- 20 power cleans (same weight at push press).

Fucking double unders. Gah!  had a couple of good streaks, then wreck, wreck wreck.  Frustrating. Finally got to 50 and walked away.

I thought I could do 10 hspu with only 1 abmat, but I was wrong.  After 7 I was done, even adding a second abmat didn't help.  With hspu once you're done, you're done.

T2B weren't fabulous, but they weren't horrible either.  Same goes for the push press (115# was a good call).  Made it through 13 cleans before time ran out.

Ugh.  Not fun, but I worked hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment